In the beginning of the world there was nothing more than sky and water, and between the two, a hawk was flying which, getting angry at finding no place to alight or rest, turned the water against the sky, which was offended and so scattered the water with islands and then the hawk had some place to nest. and when it was on one of them along the seashore, the current threw up a piece of bamboo at its feet, which the hawk grabbed and opened by pecking and from the two section of the bamboo, a man came out of the one and a women from the other. these, they say, married with the approval of linog, which is the earthquake, and in time they had many children, who fled when their parents got angry and wanted to drive them out of the house and began to hit then with sticks some got in the inner room of the house, and from these the grandees or nobles are descended; others went down the steps and from these the timawa are descended, who are the plebeian people and from the children who remained hidden in the kitchen, they say the ulipon descended.
- The Current threw up a piece of Bamboo at its feet - (Does the Bamboo represent the boat?, which our ancestor used to migrate island to island…"austronesian migration theory")
- Hawk - (Does the Hawk represent the GOD? remember they pray heads up… claps close, it seems the hawk is the responsible for opening the light of Men and Women… is this the reason why they dance to the hawk during courtship? remember the Binanog dance? Banog means hawk)
- Sky and Water - (anyone familiar about the Sky god, Kaptan and Water God, Maguayen)
- in the first paragraph of the story, it mention about how the island was made, - (does this reflect the scientific theory of the volcanic activities of the Philipine billions years ago? )
- in the last paragraph, Wow! really? poor ulipons :(
Myths always reflects scientific theories, in the Bible Gensis 1:1 in the beginning, reflects the big bang theory…